Straticon Construction is looking for a highly motivated commercial senior construction estimator to join our team. Qualified candidates must have experience in estimating multiple types of projects, which will include both new construction and renovations. Must have experience in ground up high-rise and multi family construction.
NO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES
The senior estimator is responsible for preparing and coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects. The responsibilities include preparing preliminary budgets, cost estimates, and final bid scope/pricing proposals for various types of construction projects. The senior estimator also builds effective relationships with team members, internal and external customers, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Prepares weekly bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid
- Executes take-offs of construction documents
- Obtains pricing for materials
- Obtains bids from subcontractors and reviews scope of work to analyze subcontractor’s quotes for best value
- Manage the subcontractor solicitation process using CMiC bid invitations to subcontractors/vendors and ensure adequate bid coverage for each trade package with a minimum of 3 bids per scope when possible.
- Presents cost estimates to meet customer proposals, providing consideration for general and special conditions
- Consult with clients, architects, subcontractors, and suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effective cost reductions, and resolve issues related to the project
- Makes an estimate where predetermined standard(s) are not available
- Informs immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attend on-site pre-bid/proposal conferences and site visits
- Utilize the appropriate company and industry historical data for pricing estimates
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 10 years (Required)
- Estimating: 10 years (Required)
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL