Straticon Construction has an opening for Project Managers for our upcoming projects in Stuart and Port St. Lucie, Florida. This person must have a knowledge of Multi-Family construction and has handled multi-million dollar projects in the past. The applicant must have a minimum 10 years of project management experience in commercial construction to be considered.
- Reviews Owner’s expectations/criteria, coordinates with the design team and owner, reviews design documents, identifies key subcontractors, develops bid packages, develops schedules, develops site utilization plan, identifies project staffing requirements, provides value engineering ideas, develops project procedures manual, coordinates and obtains permits.
- Maintains continuous knowledge of job site expenditures/back charges, analyzes the financial ability of subcontractors to perform, prepares revenue projections, manages cash flow, develops and maintains labor cost reports, set up project schedule of values, approves job expenditures, prepares and processes monthly owner’s requisitions, manages change order process.
- Studies owner contract, develops scopes of work, reviews budgets and scopes with estimating, develops purchasing schedule, establishes a schedule of project meetings.
- Complies with contract requirements, coordinates with corporate scheduling, prepares and distributes detailed project schedules, prepares resource-loaded schedules, prepares and distributes monthly updates, and develops look ahead schedules.
- Administers design coordination of multiple projects/designers, administers document control, administers RFI process, prepares monthly reports, implements and reports MBE program, develops and implements crisis management plan, maintains partnering initiative, maintains project management computer system (CMiC), obtains home office approvals for waivers of policy, conducts project meetings, evaluates and responds to project risks, and provides dispute resolution
- Conducts trade pre-construction meetings, coordinates subs and vendors, coordinates permit inspections, maintains sub relationships, manages safety, manages shop drawing and material expediting processes, manages daily clean up and rental equipment, performs daily job site walks, coordinates specialty inspections, and manages start-up and commissioning of equipment.
- Interacts regularly with the owner, participates in client-promoted activities, and complies with client needs.
- Obtains certificate of occupancy and other government approvals, submits “As-Built” drawings, submits operations manuals, completes punch list, coordinates owner move-in and start-up, finalizes owner training programs, obtains and delivers warranties and transfer Attic Stock, demobilizes field operations, collects final payments and deposits, closes out subcontracts, submits project history reports, terminates insurance and bond coverage, completes asset transfer, obtains client referral, conducts post-project debriefing, archives project records, and administers warranty period services.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years experience as a Project Manager with a major general contractor.
- Strong computer skills are a necessity, including familiarity with construction project management applications, CMiC is preferred but not required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to interface directly with owners’ representatives, the A/E team, building departments, and other team members.
- Strong leadership skills are required including, but not limited to coaching, mentoring, and the ability to build and maintain motivated teams.
- Highly developed project management finance skills are required.
- Prior Renovation experience is preferred.
- Ground-up commercial construction experience is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to interface directly with owners’ representatives, the A/E team, building departments and other team members
- Strong leadership skills are required including, but not limited to coaching, mentoring, and the ability to build and maintain motivated teams
- Highly developed project management finance skills are required
- Prior Renovation experience is preferred
- Ground-up commercial construction experience is required
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Great problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work well with all design, architectural, and engineering professionals
- Adept at problem-solving and creative thinking
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally with other team members, and externally including the clients, vendors, subcontractors, and prospective clients.
- Systems and Software: Demonstrate ability to proficiently use management, scheduling, and Microsoft Office Google software platforms.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand plans and all other documents related to all aspects of the building.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with all design, architectural, and engineering professionals.
- Adept at problem-solving and creative thinking.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and ladders.
- Noise level varies.
Straticon Benefits Package Includes: